- This event has passed.
NTAG Quarterly Meeting 3-4:30pm John & Judy Gay Library in McKinney
January 20 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
John & Judy Gay Library: 6861 Eldorado Pkwy, McKinney, TX 75070
The 2018 mid-term elections yielded multiple positives for moderate-to-progressive politics. The Democrats achieved a majority in the House, including the largest number of women and minority representatives ever elected in US history.
In Texas we saw 13 Democrats go to state and national office—2 of those were flipped seats—for the first time in decades. In North Texas, we were proud to see Colin Allred go to the US Congress. In short, we gained incredible momentum!
The North Texas Action Group is composed of dedicated citizens who actively participate in critical issues affecting all of us including:
- Conservation and protection of our shared environment
- Support of public education
- Accessible, affordable health care for all
- Ensuring voting rights and eliminating gerrymandering
- Effective gun control legislation
- Compassionate, effective immigration practice and policy
- Support and equality for LGBTQ citizens
- Support and election of moderate-to-progressive candidates
Three 2018 campaign veterans: Lorie Burch, Julie Luton, and Christian Baum will participate in a panel discussion sharing what they learned from their campaigns and the election process and how we can focus our efforts to continue building a moderate-to-progressive culture in North Texas to make changes that benefit all Texans.
With the 2018 election behind us, let’s get together Sunday, January 20 and forge The Way Forward.